Monday, July 23, 2018

I'm Pretty Tight

Man, piano and voice are such separate ways of thinking at time. I literally have to give myself a 30-60 minute break between practice sessions just to give my brain a chance to switch gears. One is physio-psychological based approach to controlling my body to make it an instrument, the other is manipulating an instrument based on what the writing on the paper tells me to do.  

It's great learning both. And I regret not maintaining the discipline I had the first 2 weeks of the semester. However, I had adderall available those weeks, and I wasn't having my sleep so disrupted by the neighbors upstiars.  

But now I'm at the point where I found a nice flow in the daily to set up a good time to practice, and a good space to practice, after getting a small keyboard for the home, and memorizing my new neighbors schedule to have a good time to sing.  

As far as my creative concerns go, I'm slowly getting ideas to come back. Getting some exercise helped a lot when I jogged, and so did rapping with people online, and forcing myself to rap lol.  

Still want to get back into singing mode. I guess I feel like I dont want to keep creating, because I'm so concerned about the songs I'm sitting on, that I don't want to give myself more songs piled up to work on, because I already have plenty. I'll get on that another day.  

The Drake song I'm singing in voice just isn't working out. My voice just isn't hitting the notes there and making it sound good. It's such a flat uninteresting sound. Even when I practice I'm pretty off key.  

We will see what happens cause I already went over this enough to day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Realization and Reversions

2pm At office but AC is broken so very hot Heart beating fast, tired feeling Smoked 1/4 of a joint in the car Face sinus area twitching Just...